8 Easy Application Steps Using ManukaMed
- Wash hands thoroughly, put on gloves.
- Cleanse the wound and skin with sterile saline, sterile water, or other appropriate wound cleanser.
- Gently dry the skin around the wound with a dry, sterile gauze.
- Protect the skin around the wound. Apply a thin layer of MANUKAderm as a skin protectant barrier (Note – an initial increase in exudates may occur with ManukaMed honey Dressing).
- Choose a ManukaMed dressing that is appropriate for the amount of drainage.
- Apply the appropriate ManukaMed dressing to fit the wound. Excess dressing can fold into wound or allow it to overlap periwound area.
- If not using MANUKAhd or MANUKAhd Lite apply a secondary absorbent dressing as needed.
- Dressing change: Gently remove dressing as needed. Moistening dressing with saline can ease removal.
Covered by most insurances, trial our products today!
Click here or call our expert team (800) 881-3654
Ease of application, at any wound stage.
Click here for physicians’ experiences.
- Flexible and comfortable to body contours
- Sustained moist wound environment
- Reduced odors associated with chronic wounds
- Super Absorbent Fibers (SAF)
- Extended duration of dressing strength
Benefits of ManukaMed’s unique healing properties.
Click here for non-healing wound treatment solutions.
- Faster, better healing
- Decreased biofilm
- Decreased pH level in wound bed
- 100% safe, no cytotoxicity
Contraindications: Patients with known sensitivity to honey.
Precautions: Temporary increased pain, stinging due to osmotic action and/or low pH of honey.